Wednesday 26 April 2017

Evaluation 4

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

In order to create the best possible outcome for my final product I used various media technologies throughout the different stages of research, planning and evaluation to the construction of my music video followed by digipak and digipak advert. The use of media technologies were fairly easy to utilise, they allowed me to assess media texts as well as developing my editing skills on software applications such as 'Final Cut Pro' and was able to further develop my knowledge on Photoshop.

Blogger played a key role in the construction of my A2 task. Using Blogger allowed me frequently record my research and own work. in a clear and professional presentation/layout. By using Blogger I was able to gain/develop my IT and presentational skills in order for my blog to look appeal to others whilst also vigorously learning to use the website as I developed my work.

Blogger gave me the chance to change my blog layout/colour scheme this allowed my personality to show through my work whilst also allowing me to present my work in various forms. I chose this layout in particular as I felt that it look appealing and bubbly hence the bold/bright colours used. Blogger was continuously used throughout the production of my work including planning, production and evaluation process, Blogger was used they whole way through the process of making my work as there is no limit to how many posts to upload.

Alongside Blogger, Prezi also helped me tremendously through the continuation of my work onto evaluation, using prezi allowed me to express my creativity through their different forms of layouts which allows you to turn your work into a moving and interactive presentation. You're also given the opportunity to select different template from various styles and themes this encouraged the establishment of my work, to elaborate it allows you to create a pathway which emphasises the journey you went on with your work, having already used this website before I was easily able to work on it without any problems.

Most of our research and planning took place on Google and YouTube, researching other R&B music videos and looking into the artist Chris Brown on Google. Such websites allowed us to directly us to previous work related to R&B genre such as current digipaks which gave us a clear as to what we hoped for ours to look like, this allowed us to not completely rely on our own thoughts of typical conventional aspects of a R&B music video rather broaden our horizons/views on how of this particular genre. From carrying out such research we found out that a narrative based music video would be the best and most conventional for our target audience, this would be done through colour schemes, narrative and mise en scene. This was shown in  our music video and ancillary tasks, all of which would have not been as successful without planning and researching thoroughly beforehand.

For the music video production we knew it was vital to use a advanced and professional editing software which would allow us to not only produce our music video but also allow us to overlay filters over the video. Therefore we decided that 'Final Cut Pro' was an appropriate software application to use, even though at times it became difficult to use we soon got the hang of it from the help of tutorial videos on YouTube. We then imported all of our footage and listened to the song so that we could insert the footage to match the lyrics of the song. We also used a camcorder effect for the 'flashback' scene to make it look as if the 'female character' was recording the happy memories she spent with the male lead, the colour of the scene was filtered in order for it to look like the past. This overall helped us portray a clear and consistent narrative throughout our music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment